Prayer Walking Groups
Trinity Church have scheduled a number of prayer walks, on three different routes in the Lewes area, for various dates in July and August. Each walk will have a guide who will be responsible for navigation, and suggesting how we can best use the opportunity of the Prayer Walk.
The four walking routes are:
- Walk A: Bus 28 (0945 Bus Station) to the Newmarket Inn, Brighton Road leaving at 10am. Walk to Blackcap (4 miles) then down to Lewes Prison (3 miles – total 7 miles). (Those who do not want to use public transport can walk or drive to the Newmarket)
- Walk B: Train to Southease at 10.00am leaving at 10.10am. Parking available at the Youth Hostel. Walk along South Downs Way and drop down to Kingston and back to Station (total 6.8 miles)
- Walk C: Firle Beacon to Bopeep and back leaving at 2.30pm (total 3.6 miles) Park at Firle Beacon car park. (This walk for those who cannot manage the longer walks)
- Walk D: Back of Prison in Spital Road to the cross at Racing Stables at 2pm round Landport Bottom (3 miles)
Schedule of Walks and Guides:
- Friday, 14 August – Walk A Blackcap
- Rob Hoy 07847 382870, 01273 473600
- Wednesday, 19 August – Walk B Southease
- Mike Robson 07814 049598, 01273 471389
- Thursday, 27 August – Walk C Firle Beacon
- John Jardine 01273 471203 07534 900037
Please book your place with Walk Guide by 9pm the previous evening. Numbers are limited.
- If there is concern about the weather, check with Walk Guide.
- The Walks will include times stopping, worshipping, listening to God, etc
- Please bring your own drinks and refreshments
- Please give your ICE number (In case of Emergency) to Walk Guide at start of walk.
These walks are NOT official Trinity Lewes activities. You will not be covered by insurance.